Nominations are now open for 2 steward positions at your worksite and will close on Friday, April 7, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
A steward is the face of the Union at your worksite, some roles of a steward include:
- Enforcing the collective agreement and protect your rights.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the local and the area offices.
- Signing up new members to the Union at the worksite.
- Helping you interpret and understand your collective agreement rights.
- Communicating about local and union issues, and educational opportunities.
- Ensuring the Union bulletin board is current.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Advising or referring you to the appropriate people who can deal with WCB appeals, STIIP/LTD issues, unemployment insurance issues and classification appeals.
Training will be provided by the Union.
A nomination form is attached. Once completed, please return to the BCGEU Fraser Valley Area Office no later than Friday April 7, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. via fax to 604-882-5032 or by email to: email@example.com.
Should there be more nominations than positions available the Union will facilitate an election.
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form here.