THE STEWARD NEWSLETTER
Current Issue: Winter 2016
Table of contents
- Letter from the president
- Work/obey now, grieve later unfettered
- What you can do while on sick leave: a practical guide
- Breast cancer court ruling has wide-ranging implications
- Being charged criminally for alleged misconduct outside of work
- Will personal information become publicly available if you take your grievance to arbitration?
- Workers’ compensation: taking charge of your claim
- Workplace consequences in the electronic age
- Why Google searches lead people astray: remedies for termination in the unionized context
Click here for back issues of The Steward.
Other Steward resources
- Arbitrations Awards of interest to Stewards (last updated: October 2014)
- "Employment Insurance Appeal Decisions Favourable to Workers."
Grievances - Frequently Asked Questions
BCGEU stewards should bookmark this page and check regularly for news and information.
Our aim is to make you the most effective representative for your members possible.