Nominations are now open for one steward position at your worksite, and will close June 1, 2017, at 5:00 p.m.
A steward is the face of the Union at your worksite, some roles of a steward include:
- Enforcing the collective agreement and protecting your rights.
- Acting as a liaison between the worksite, the local and the area offices.
- Signing up new members to the Union at the worksite.
- Helping members interpret and understand their collective agreement rights.
- Communicating about local and union issues, and educational opportunities.
- Ensuring the Union bulletin board is current.
- Referring members to committees on specific issues, such as the Labour Management and Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Advising or referring members to the appropriate people who can deal with WCB appeals, STIIP/LTD issues, unemployment insurance issues and classification appeals.
Training will be provided by the Union.
A nomination form is attached. Once completed, please return to the BCGEU Fraser Valley Area Office no later than Thursday, June 1, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. via fax to 604-882-5032 or by email to: email@example.com.
Should there be more nominations than positions available the Union will facilitate an election.
Download PDF of notice here.
Download PDF of nomination form here.