A set of Ratification Meetings will be held at your worksite in order to explain the changes to the agreement and vote. Please attend one that is convenient for you:
Date: Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Meeting #1: 10:30 am – 11:00 am
- Meeting #2: 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
- Meeting #3: 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Meeting #4: 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Place: VITP Conference Room at your Worksite
Your Bargaining Committee is pleased to advise that the BCGEU and HP Advanced Solutions have successfully concluded a new, 5 year collective agreement. Over the life of this new agreement, your committee has been able to continue job security provisions, wage increases and major improvement to benefits and other collective agreement provisions.
The Main Points of the new agreement are as follows:
- A Five Year agreement providing stability and security for members;
- A renewal of Memorandum of Understanding #1 - providing an extension of employment security to members hired as of April 1, 2006;
- Wage Increases and lump sum payment as follows:
November 1, 2015 - $750.00 lump sum payment
April 1, 2016 – 1.25 % general wage increase
April 1, 2017 – 1.75 % general wage increase
April 1, 2018 – 2% general wage increase
April 1, 2019 – 2% general wage increase
Significant Improvement to Benefits including:
- Increase in eye care benefit to $400 (Jan. 1, 2016);
- Increase in life time maximum for extended health benefits to $250,000 April 1, 2015, increasing to $500,000 April 1, 2018;
- Paramedical reimbursement improvement beginning July 1, 2015 and increasing over 3 years leading to 80% reimbursement .
- Annual deductible for Health benefits – staged increases beginning January 1, 2016 to $55 ending with $90 January 1, 2020;
- Increases in benefits for prosthetics and hair pieces.
Improvements to general allowances provided under the collective agreement including; Meals; Mileage; Occupational 1st Aid and Night Shift premium.
- Additional 10 minute, per day break, break for employees of the Customer Service Centre formalized as a provision of the collective agreement.
- New provision providing that Seniority will follow Casual employees if they are moved or assigned from one seniority unit to another.
- Auxiliary Health and Welfare Benefits – Increase in payment to Auxiliary employees in lieu of health and welfare benefits from 64¢ per hour to 70¢ per hour.
- Option to work a 40 hour work week in Information Systems now offered to pay grade level 24 and above (previously 27 and above)
- New Memorandum of Understanding #7 providing a comprehensive framework for the utilization of temporary, Project Employees and thereby reducing the number of Contractors
- New, comprehensive pay step system for newly hired, entry level jobs in the Call Centre providing extended intern period for salary
- Consolidation of Standby pay for employees required to standby. Effective October 1, 2015, all employees required to standby will receive 12% per hour (formally 8.5%). Those grand parented employees who were previously receiving the equivalent of 33% will, in addition, receive two, lump sum payment s of $10,000.00 as compensation for converting to 12% - the first payment will occur January 1, 2016 with the second payment on January 1, 2017.
Note: for reasonable administrative purposes, all monetary increases effective first pay period after agreed to payment date (new article 26.24).
Specific changes to general provisions of the Collective Agreement are attached.
BCGEU Bargaining Committee:
Dan Rowe, BCGEU Staff Representative
Chad McQuarrie, BCGEU Staff Representative
Download notice to post here.