Component 6 - Social, Information and Health

Direct government employees in Component 6 work in a great variety of social, cultural, educational, information technology, research, health care delivery and associated direct technical support functions.

Specific classifications include: archivist, case aide, child care counsellor, clinician, coordinator vocational services, dental assistant, dietician, economist, education officer, epidemiology worker, financial assistance worker, hospital consultant, interviewer, librarian, nutritionist, occupational therapist, psychologist, public information officer, rehabilitation consultant and officer, research officer, computer programmers and systems analysts, social program officer, probation officer and social worker.

Bargaining Updates

Dec 9, 2014

There will be a telephone town hall meeting on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 7pm PST (8pm MST) to review and discuss the terms of the tentative settlement.

Nov 26, 2014

Your bargaining committee is pleased to announce that they reached a tentative settlement with CLBC for the renewal of the collective agreement.

Nov 17, 2014

We are very excited to announce the results of the election of your BCGEU Bargaining Committee.

The successful candidates in no particular order are:


Component News

Feb 10, 2009

To BCGEU members in Component 6, Ministry of Housing and Social Development

Jan 27, 2009

ALERT - January 27, 2009

To all Component 6 members in Community Living BC and Ministry for Children and Family Development


Jan 21, 2009

DATE: Wednesday, February 25, 2009
TIME: General Meeting - 6:30 pm
PLACE: BCGEU Fraser Valley Area Office (map on reverse)
8555 - 198A Street, Langley Township


Media Coverage

Apr 13, 2017

Dozens of Ministry of Children and Family Development employees came out to demand higher wages and proper training for B.C. social workers in Vancouver Tuesday.

Apr 13, 2017

Stressed, underpaid and overworked child protection staff are failing children in care, warns the union representing government workers in B.C.


Still need help finding your Component, Collective Agreement or Pension? Click here to Contact Us.