Component 6 - Social, Information and Health

Direct government employees in Component 6 work in a great variety of social, cultural, educational, information technology, research, health care delivery and associated direct technical support functions.

Specific classifications include: archivist, case aide, child care counsellor, clinician, coordinator vocational services, dental assistant, dietician, economist, education officer, epidemiology worker, financial assistance worker, hospital consultant, interviewer, librarian, nutritionist, occupational therapist, psychologist, public information officer, rehabilitation consultant and officer, research officer, computer programmers and systems analysts, social program officer, probation officer and social worker.

Bargaining Updates

Aug 17, 2015

The following CLBC employees have expressed an interest in serving on the CLBC-BCGEU Collaboration Group.

May 29, 2015

The BCGEU is seeking expressions of interest from those members employed at CLBC to serve as delegates on the CLBC – BCGEU Collaboration Group (CBCG).

Mar 16, 2015

The tentative Collective Agreement recommended by your BCGEU Bargaining Committee was just ratified by 90.7 % of the voting members. 


Component News

Feb 10, 2009

To BCGEU members in Component 6, Ministry of Housing and Social Development

Jan 27, 2009

ALERT - January 27, 2009

To all Component 6 members in Community Living BC and Ministry for Children and Family Development


Jan 21, 2009

DATE: Wednesday, February 25, 2009
TIME: General Meeting - 6:30 pm
PLACE: BCGEU Fraser Valley Area Office (map on reverse)
8555 - 198A Street, Langley Township


Media Coverage

Apr 13, 2017

Dozens of Ministry of Children and Family Development employees came out to demand higher wages and proper training for B.C. social workers in Vancouver Tuesday.

Apr 13, 2017

Stressed, underpaid and overworked child protection staff are failing children in care, warns the union representing government workers in B.C.


Still need help finding your Component, Collective Agreement or Pension? Click here to Contact Us.