Your Bargaining Committee is very pleased to report a Tentative Agreement was reached on Tuesday, July 14, 2009, with the assistance of Mediator Mark Brown.
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
• Three year agreement expiring on December 31, 2011
• Three percent per year increase (retroactive to January 1, 2009 )
• COLA clause in year 2 & 3, to protect against inflation, triggered if inflation goes beyond 3.5%
• Vision Care increased to $500 every two years
• Dental Part B Major restorative increased to 75%
• Orthodontics increased to $3000 lifetime
All sick leave provisions including the sick bank have been left untouched.
Please attend one of the Ratification meetings that have been scheduled as follows;
July 21, 2009
North Peace Cultural Centre
10:00 am & 5:15 pm
This is a very important meeting, please make every effort to attend one of the sessions.
You must be in attendance to vote, there is no proxy voting.
In the event you are scheduled to be away from the City on those dates, please contact the Union Office at 250-785-6185 to make arrangements to vote on Monday afternoon or Tuesday.
Your Bargaining Committee wishes to thank you very much for your patience and your show of support .
Brenda Doell, Bargaining Committee Member
Mark Gaehring, Bargaining Committee Chair
Julie Romine, Bargaining Committee Member
Jeannie Whitford-Bonin, Bargaining Committee Member
Jacqueline M. Corno, Staff Representative